How to Install & Use Mech-Q
We strongly recommend that you print these instructions and follow them carefully.
- EXIT AutoCAD (or IntelliCAD)
- Use Windows Explorer - locate the downloaded file then double click on it to start the program Setup
- If you can't find the file, click the Windows Start menu and select Search (or "Find") then search for the file name: "MQ*.exe"
- When the Mech-Q Setup file is located, double click on it to begin the installation process
- Follow the instructions in the splash screens.
To use Mech-Q successfully you need to follow a few simple steps. These steps vary according to the version of Mech-Q you are using. Please follow the instructions below - corresponding the AutoCAD, AutoCAD LT, IntelliCAD or CAD version that you have.
MECH-Q for AutoCAD 2000-2019
Start AutoCAD in the normal fashion. If the Mech-Q was installed correctly, you will note that the Mech-Q menu (Pop-up and Toolbars) is now added to your existing menu. Use the Mech-Q menu (toolbars or drop-down menu) to access the Mech-Q functions
Special NOTE AutoCAD 2009- 2019 versions
If you do not have the AutoCAD "Tools" on the menu bar, type the following command at the AutoCAD command prompt:
MENUBAR and set the variable to 1 ( = ON)
If the Mech-Q menu does not load automatically of other exist, use the following command at the AutoCAD command prompt:
Using MECH-Q for BricsCAD, GstarCAD and IntelliCAD
(does not apply for Bricscad versions)
The install folder for Mech-Q must be the same as the IntelliCAD (or other CAD version) main install folder (for example, the same location as ICAD.EXE)
After you have installed Mech-Q on your hard drive:
Start IntelliCAD (or CAD version) in the normal fashion. If the Mech-Q was installed correctly, you will note that the Mech-Q menu (Pop-up, Toolbars & Ribbon menu) is now added to your existing CAD menu. Use the Mech-Q menu to access the Mech-Q functions
If Mech-Q does not load automatically when you start your CAD program - please follow these steps to manually load the Mech-q menu:
A) Adding Mech-Q to the AutoCAD search Path
Check that the installer has added Mech-Q to the AutoCAD search path:
1. From the >> "Tools" menu select "Options"
2. Select the "Files" tab
3. Select "Support Files Search Path"
Check to see that the Mech-Q install location is found in the AutoCAD search path.
3A) Use the "Add" button to add Mech-Q install location to the AutoCAD search path
AutoCAD: C:\Program Files\Mech-Q\ACAD
IntelliCAD: [Intellicad install location]\Mech-Q
(for example: C:\Program Files\CADian 2017\Mech-Q)
4. Use the "Apply" button & then "Close"
B) Load the MECH-Q menu
1. At the AutoCAD command type: MENULOAD
2. Locate the Mech-Q customized user interface file: Mech-Q.CUIX (or Mech-Q.CUI or Mech-Q.MNU)
Default menu file install location:
AutoCAD 20??: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Mech-Q\Menu\ACAD
3. Use the LOAD button to load the Mech-Q menu.
This should load the Mech-Q menu.
(Not applicable to Network/Site licenses)
When you first run Mech-Q, the software will generate an Application Serial Number. The Serial Number must then be sent to ASVIC Engineering & Software - ASVIC will then process and forward to you the Authorization Key.
You can get the Application Serial Number by using either:
- Mech-Q Start-up dialogue or
- About Mech-Q from the Mech-Q menu or
- Authorize Mech-Q from the Mech-Q "Maintenance" menu
To apply for an Authorization Key please click here:
Using the Authorization Key Code:
- From the MECH-Q pull down menu - Select MECH-Q Register
- Enter the Authorization Key code EXACTLY as received (Case sensitive).
- Select the OK tab.
If the Code entered is correct - MECH-Q registration will be accepted.
Mech-Q - Network Version
The Mech-Q demo version is NOT suitable for network installations = A special build of Mech-Q is required for using in a network environment - Please contact ASVIC is you require more information.
Contact ASVIC for Mech-Q Network Version install instructions